Around the House
Change sheets on any bed that the infested person might have slept in within the last 24 hours. Wash and Dry in HOT temperatures or throw in dirty laundry.
If you lay on comforters or bedspreads, they can be removed from the bed and placed in a garbage bag for 48 hours or thrown into the dryer for 30 to 45 minutes on high heat.
Combs, brushes, and hair ties used in the last 24 hours can be cleaned by any of the following methods:
- Placed in alcohol, ammonia or dish detergent and allow them to soak for a minimum of two hours
- Put into boiled water for 10 to 15 minutes
- Put in a ziploc bag and place in freezer overnight
- Place in your dishwasher on a hot cycle
- Also, simply don’t use them for 24 hours
- Run a light vacuum on areas where child frequently sits or lays, including floors, furniture, auto, and other upholstered items.
In the absence of a vacuum cleaner, you may use a lint remover brush on sofa, etc. or throw a sheet over the item for 24 hours.
- If your child sleeps with a stuffed animal or blankets, be sure to put them in the hot dryer for at least 30-45 minutes.
- Provide child with clean pajamas and bath towel.
Be a friend and tell a friend. Notify your child’s school and any close friends who may have been in contact with your child. Remember, it is not just where the child got lice BUT who the child gave it to as well. Failing to notify contacts could put your child at risk for re-infestation.
Make head checks a part of your weekly routine. Early detection is the only way to stop head lice from escalating or spreading!
- Reduce your child’s chances for re-infestation. Keep girls’ hair pulled back in a bun or a braid any time they are playing with others. Shampoo regularly using a mint-based shampoo or lice prevention shampoo. Use Lice Buster Prevention Spray on the hair before leaving home. Comb with lice comb once or twice a week and watch for signs of head lice.
Lastly, Play It Safe! Know who you are coming in contact with and NEVER knowingly expose yourself to head lice.
BE SURE TO COMB THROUGH WET HAIR WITH TERMINATOR LICE COMB AT LEAST ONCE PER DAY FOR 14 DAYS AFTER TREATMENT
ALSO USE LICE BUSTER PREVENTION SPRAY DAILY